Window and Mirror Books

₊˚⊹ִ ࣪𖤐⋆˙⟡♡

The book I’m currently reading is called Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling. The genre of this book is fantasy and I think that it is a window book. A window book is a book that kind of gives you a “window” or view into the world of the main characters. I think this because although the book has a few familiar aspects to our reality, it’s a fantasy and therefore has a lot of made up things that don’t actually exist in real life. When choosing a book to read, I usually end up choosing window books, because in my opinion, the best books are ones that could never exist in real life. Although I mainly read fantasy books, I also really enjoy slice of life books with a good plot.

I wish that there were more books in the world that were a mirror of my life personally. Books that would have characters that aren’t just basic characters, they have personality, disabilities, LGBTQ+ representation, not just being a straight white girl who’s “not like other girls”. Most books have copy-and-paste main characters and that usually results in you predicting how the story will end. The books will attract more readers if the reader can see themselves in the main character.

1 comment for “Window and Mirror Books